Norton 360 v4 Conflicts with USB Modem

Hi Guys,

I could not install the VividWireless USB modem software. I was getting the error message "tk_scancdr failed". Then I disabled my Norton 360 v4 firewall and anti-virus and I still could not install the VividWireless USB modem drivers/software. So I completely uninstalled/removed my Norton 360 v4 from my PC. Then the VividWireless USB modem installed perfectly. So now I have an interesting choice...do I want antivirus and firewall OR do I want VividWireless USB internet access. Perhaps I could try...now that my VividWireless software has successfully been installed; I might reinstall the Norton 360 v4 over the top?

Comments

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 6 years ago

You could certainly try that last thing (install Norton after the vivid drivers). Presumably you can flag the vivid software as trustworthy within the Norton application? Worthwhile also opening a support case with vivid, so that they know there is an issue with Norton. Maybe they can talk directly with Norton to get this fixed for future releases?

gingersnaps wrote 6 years ago

If you reinstall Norton again it should be fine. It may block the USB modem from connecting top the internet but then all you need to do is disable the firewall, connect the modem, and then enable the firewall. This will allow Norton to recognise the connection. If your USB does stop working at some point through, check when Norton last did an update. Norton seems to have a habbit of blocking the internet when it updates as it is very protective.

Warning
In participating in this forum you agree not to post or authorise others to post any material that is in our opinion offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, threatening, invasive of the privacy of others, sexually explicit or illegal. You also agree that you will not post or authorise others to post any copyright material that is not owned or licensed to you. In the event of any breach of this Policy we reserve the right to remove the post without notice to you.

Disabling comments and removing posts
Should we consider a thread or comment in violation of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately remove part of or entire posts. We also reserve the right to disable, remove or archive posts that have been dormant for 14 days.

Member Login