OSX El Capitan (10.11.5) dongle no longer recognised

I have upgraded the operating system of my MacBook to OS X 10.11.5 (el capitan) and my WiMAX usb (bm358) doesn't even get recognised, no light on it etc. is this a known issue?

How can it be fixed?

Comments

ozzcaddy-MODERATOR wrote 50 weeks ago

I have no knowledge of Mac's. But I would suggest a call to Tech Support : 1300 327 837

Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney Customers (local time):
Monday to Friday 9am-10pm. Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays from 9am-9pm.

Perth Customers (local time):
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm. Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays from 8am to 8pm.

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 50 weeks ago

Sorry Ellie, I am also quite illiterate when it comes to Apple gear.

SumDude wrote 50 weeks ago

I just went through vivid's support articles and found one suggesting that you need to install the driver for the USB modem to work on a Mac.

http://vividwireless.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/462

Go to the Mac support area mentioned on the page which is linked to this page: http://vividwireless.custhelp.com/app/downloads/list/c/214/header/mac

- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and it has a subheading "Macintosh® Users". Download the software package and refer to the installation guide.

Hopefully this is the problem, being that the driver just needs to be reinstalled on El Capitan. If not, I would refer back to Ozzcaddy's post - to contact tech support.

Warning
In participating in this forum you agree not to post or authorise others to post any material that is in our opinion offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, threatening, invasive of the privacy of others, sexually explicit or illegal. You also agree that you will not post or authorise others to post any copyright material that is not owned or licensed to you. In the event of any breach of this Policy we reserve the right to remove the post without notice to you.

Disabling comments and removing posts
Should we consider a thread or comment in violation of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately remove part of or entire posts. We also reserve the right to disable, remove or archive posts that have been dormant for 14 days.

Member Login