Rydalmere area (2117) CONSTANT OUTAGES?

This has been going on for TWO WEEKS now. My connection has been either no-existent or frustratingly slow for the past two weeks due to CONSTANT OUTAGES. For how long do you people plan on "aiming to fix" this problem before you actually FIX IT?

And before you give me the whole spiel on how the towers are "green" blah blah blah I'll even give you the link to your own website (because that's probably what you were going to do) showing my area SURROUNDED by red towers for what has been two whole weeks. Utterly ridiculous.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

Comments

ozzcaddy-MODERATOR wrote 1 week ago

As you have already checked the Optus Status map and found the number of red towers surrounding your area. Have you contacted Vividwireless Support and reported the issue as it has been ongoing for two weeks as you state? If so, what did they say?

To have so many red towers, would indicate a major problem within that area. Optus maintains the towers, whether it be a fault at the tower for Vividwireless or Optus.

There is an Unplanned Outage notice posted for Ermington, which is near you indicating the outage began 31/3/18 with no date to resolve the issue.

I would suggest contacting Vividwireless Tech Support and make them aware of your problem, ask to have your issue escalated and for a refund for the time the problem has been occurring.

1300 327 837

Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney Customers (local time):
Monday to Friday 9am-10pm. Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays from 9am-9pm.

Petamb wrote 1 week ago

I heard from optus this morning that one of the parts for one othe 8 towers that are out is waiting on a part but no ETA on when.

Completely unprofessional on Optus an Vivid's part to not have more answers and to let 8 towers go down all within days of each other and there has been no formal notification to our emails of phones on what is going on.

I think it is time for actual answers from both of them

Sonesful wrote 1 week ago

So the only progress they've made in 2 weeks is they're waiting for one of the parts for ONE of the towers and they don't even know when THAT'S going to arrive??? Is this a joke?

You can trust me 100% when I say if there was literally ANY other company which offered an unlimited 4G modem I would be loooong gone. I mean if you have any suggestions for an alternative by all means please share haha

This type of pathetic service would have run Optus into the ground years ago if it weren't for the unfortunate fact that pretty much every other ISP in Australia is just as bad as them. Their non-existent standards would get them eaten alive in places like Hong Kong and Singapore, but alas, this is Australia and therefore they can get away with it due to lack of options *shrugs*

Petamb wrote 1 week ago

That is the response from Optus for one of the towers. Vivid say they dont know anything. Optus cant tell me about the other towers and why we have 8 down with no answer as to why or when it will be fixed.

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 1 week ago

I'll see what I can find out about this via my contacts.

THANK YOU thats what we want to hear. Not just "uhhh I don't know theyre not our towers".

Let us know what they find out.

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 1 week ago

I've made contact with some senior people in the network engineering side of things at vividwireless. They've asked whether you can provide the following information, from the web interface of your modem:

1. the modem IMEI number; and
2. the current Cell_ID that you're connected to

IMEI number: 866854021052603
Cell ID: 35778075

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 6 days ago

Thanks, will pass that on.

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 5 days ago

Sonesful,

I have some information for you:

You are currently connecting (as of about 24 hours ago) to site called Concord Hospital and you are getting a poor signal.

Previously your best tower was a site called Ermington. Last time that you connected to this site was 11 APR 2018. Since that date you have been connecting to various sites in the area, with signal fluctuating between poor and moderate.

Ermington site is experiencing a fault and the priority has been raised, but no restoration time provided yet.

Vividwireless network engineering have an open ticket with Optus about this issue. I will be following this up with them every day or so. They in turn will be actively following this up with Optus.

They also suspect that there might be a problem with the Optus faults website map, so they are also talking with Optus about that as well. If that proves to be correct, then the expectation that there are "8 sites down" in the general area might not be correct. Will have to wait and see on that one.

There's another thing to consider, namely that just because there's a fault listed on the map at a location, doesn't necessarily mean that this fault affects all vividwireless customers in that area. It might not affect them at all, or might only affect some of them (depending on the frequency their modem is using). That's why it was worthwhile getting your IMEI, so that we can get definite connection data back from the vividwireless network engineers.

My conclusion from all that is the combination of currently getting a poor signal, combined with other people not normally connecting to Concord Hospital having to connect there due to the outage at the other site, means a bad outcome ... which you already know. The best chance of getting a better outcome is to find some location at your premises where you can get a slightly better signal, or even a poor signal but from a different tower that might have less load. But until the Ermington tower is fixed, there's nothing more that can be done to help your situation.

That's about all I can tell you for now. I will continue to monitor progress on the fault ticket(s) that are open with Optus.

Sonesful wrote 5 days ago

Thanks for that, please continue to keep us updated so at least we know what is going on.

Petamb wrote 5 days ago

Please dont be thankful as they have given you information that I received 1.5 weeks ago when I rang them directly. Nothing has changed and the maps are not wrong either. If the other towers where working we would not be pulling our signal from Concord Hospital.

I want a date when they will all be up and running and what compensation (not just a credit) we will receive

Warning
In participating in this forum you agree not to post or authorise others to post any material that is in our opinion offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, threatening, invasive of the privacy of others, sexually explicit or illegal. You also agree that you will not post or authorise others to post any copyright material that is not owned or licensed to you. In the event of any breach of this Policy we reserve the right to remove the post without notice to you.

Disabling comments and removing posts
Should we consider a thread or comment in violation of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately remove part of or entire posts. We also reserve the right to disable, remove or archive posts that have been dormant for 14 days.

Member Login