B315 Died during the night.

Last night while sleeping my B315 just died.

Took 5 reboots to wake it up again, no Wifi SSID all lights were solid

Was any FW issued recently?

All is good again, just very weird this happened.

Comments

ozzcaddy-MODERATOR wrote 20 weeks ago

Hi Tom,

There is no new firmware since the last update beginning in January '18 - Version: 21.329.01.01.1385.

Unless your modem had not been updated previously, and has just gone through the update process. Saying that, the modem does not normally behave like that.

It could be the power adaptor, but there has not been any known issues with the power adaptor with the B315 modem.

If it continues to happen, you would be best to talk with Tech Support:

1300 327 837

Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney Customers (local time):
Monday to Friday 9am-10pm. Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays from 9am-9pm.

Perth Customers (local time):
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm. Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays from 8am to 8pm.

Keep us posted if it continues and/or you contacted Tech Support.

Tom wrote 20 weeks ago

Hi,

I went through the last FW when I purchased the modem.

Has been rock solid since then.

Doubt it was the power supply as it booted in the normal fashion and locked on solid to the tower, which is about 500m from me (as the crow fly's)

Just no SSID was presented (not in inSSIDer or phone)

Having said that I should reconfigure my internal network. Not the best, but works and don't have a FW slot free for an extra Ethernet card. Haven't had performance issues (apart from when it once lagged and required a reboot)

B315 -> wireless -> FW -> Host -> internal network.

I'll just write it off to the modem having a bad day/night ;)

These things just need a reboot every now and again, they are not industry commercial devices that are expected to have up-times of months/years.

Thanks,
Tom

Warning
In participating in this forum you agree not to post or authorise others to post any material that is in our opinion offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, threatening, invasive of the privacy of others, sexually explicit or illegal. You also agree that you will not post or authorise others to post any copyright material that is not owned or licensed to you. In the event of any breach of this Policy we reserve the right to remove the post without notice to you.

Disabling comments and removing posts
Should we consider a thread or comment in violation of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately remove part of or entire posts. We also reserve the right to disable, remove or archive posts that have been dormant for 14 days.

Member Login