B315 firmware

With the impending phase-out of Vivid Wireless, is there any chance the team there could unlock the firmware on the modem so it's not a permanently crippled device?

I would love to be able to flash this modem with stock firmware on it after Vivid closes.

Please give us this as a goodbye gift after all these years of support! :)

Comments

ozzcaddy-MODERATOR wrote 1 week ago

I have made inquiries with my contacts at Vividwireless.

There are no plans to unlock the firmware on the modem.

The latest Optus wireless and mobile broadband plan sims will work in the modem.

No assurance can be given that any other provider’s sims will be able to use the modem.

Frosty-MODERATOR wrote 1 week ago

I should also add here, that even if this doesn't happen whilst vividwireless remain in operation, you could also take this up with Optus support after the transition, as I assume that they'll take responsibility for the firmware at that time.

unco77 wrote 1 week ago

Thanks to you both for the quick responses.

I hope that once the transition is complete support from Optus won't thin out. Hopefully they will open up the firmware if their replacement service is capable of accessing all bands (as their new Wireless Broadband plans are not restricted).

Anyway, I know it was a long shot but thanks again for the responses.

Warning
In participating in this forum you agree not to post or authorise others to post any material that is in our opinion offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, threatening, invasive of the privacy of others, sexually explicit or illegal. You also agree that you will not post or authorise others to post any copyright material that is not owned or licensed to you. In the event of any breach of this Policy we reserve the right to remove the post without notice to you.

Disabling comments and removing posts
Should we consider a thread or comment in violation of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately remove part of or entire posts. We also reserve the right to disable, remove or archive posts that have been dormant for 14 days.

Member Login